Home | Events | Network conferences
I Network Congress
The subject of first Network Congress was “Conquering Heritage”. It was the formal presentation of the Network and allowed to explore culture tourism and the appreciation of history and material or immaterial heritage, as a way to create strong communities and enhance local economy.
This event was in 22 and 23 November, in Figueira da Foz and was directed to local and regional administrates, tourism operators, investigators, students and tourism investors.
It was co-financed by Mais Centro, QREN and EU. Two cultural visits made part of it as well.
The program of Congress was the following:
• PAINEL I – Mondego Castles and Town Walls Network (strategies, historic justification and presentation of three practice cases of intervention);
• PAINEL II – The Heritage as Identity and Cultural Value (the importance of heritage appreciation for local development) ;
• PAINEL III - Cultural Tourism, territorial projects (Guimarães2012, Romanic Route and Aljubarrota Battles Investigation Centre) ;
• PAINEL IV – Cultural tourism, from idea to action (the historic recreation and it regional impact, international tourism operator presentation about archaeology and a national project to create a DMO - Destination Marketing Organization);
• PAINEL V – Cultural industries, a new opportunity to revival (discussion about opportunities and needs in cultural entrepreneurship).
There were about 300 people. The program presented different and very good interventions.
73,96% of participants the content of our program was very interesting and most part of them gave us an excellent feedback.
The regional and national media mass covered this event.
The participants suggested projects and new ideas about subjects that they’d like to hear in II Network Congress in 2014.
For more information: